Skip to main content

Hello,

I am new to Preservica Starter and to archiving/Dublin Core… I am trying to upload a folder with files and attached metadata. I have followed the video and instructions and all seems to be going okay until right at the last moment when a message comes up that reads:

There was a problem with your ingest package

The CSV metadata file has been mapped successfully, but something went wrong whilst processing the package. Please try again

Please resubmit your package

I have tried everything from reducing the metadata to only one file and one catergory with data as ‘test’ - which worked, but as soon as I fill in anything else (even with no punctuation or anything) I get the same message. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Janet

Hi Janet,

There could be a number of things causing this, but to be sure I would need to look at your csv file. 

So I will contact you separately to grab that from you.

Steve

Hi Janet,

Did you manage to resolve this? I’m having the same issue despite previously successfully uploading a CSV metadata file which I created in exactly the same way.

Thanks

Anne

Hi Anne,

Please have a quick look at this article that covers some of the potential issues with bulk csv and do please let me know if you are still having difficulties - https://preservica-en.insided.com/tips-and-solutions-71/guidance-for-using-bulk-csv-upload-in-ngi-2344

Steve

Thanks Steve - do I have to create a different account to view that article? My username and password aren’t giving me access to it

Hi Anne,

That is weird as it should be available to you, I will copy the pertinent parts below and do respond if these don’t help:

The use of this functionality is covered in this training video and here are some things to be aware of when using:

• The naming convention of the CSV file must match what is expected by the system:
    • DC - Dublin_Core-template.csv
    • MODS - MODS-template.csv
  • When saving the CSV in your spreadsheet prior to uploading ensure it is saved in CSV UTF-8 format
  • The folder/filename column in the CSV must contain the exact name, including extension, of the file it is associated with
  • Bulk CSV Upload will not work when attempting to upload to the Home folder, the user interface will ask you to continue the ingest as normal but clicking this will not complete the ingest. Instead just perform the upload into any sub-folder and then move the content into the desired folder structure.
  • Folder names in Bulk Upload cannot contain any spaces, our advice would be to replace any spaces with underscores and then modify the folder name in the system once it has been uploaded. This can be done by right clicking on the folder and selecting Manage Folder
    • This restriction does not affect content files

Thanks Steve, I’d put a space in the folder name and taking it out resolved it - although in your training video this doesn’t seem to cause any problems.