Question

Sorting folders in Starter (staff interface)

• 1 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

It’s lovely to be able to sort ASSETS in Starter’s Staff interface, but I would like to be able to sort folders (especially by alpha). Anyone else find this to be a useful feature in a product update? 

5 replies

I had this same question. Being able to organize the folders in alphabetical order or in a way that fits my arrangement would be very helpful. Does anyone know if this can be done in Starter?

Badge +3

I was trying to find the answer to this just now, and I find only questions. There is a sorting drop-down menu that says Sort A-Z (titles) but it doesn’t seem to work.

I am new and am trying to get naming conventions in order so that Searches will go easier. This may be part of my problem as I try things out.

Yes!!! I too would like to be able to organize and reorder the folders into an order other than the order in which they were created (which seems to be the default), by dragging, ideally, would be helpful.  I asked this question of someone at Preservica some time ago and was told it was not possible at that point. 

Badge +3

They need to do something about this.  I'd be happy to hear organizational tips from other users as well.

I agree - the placement of folders in order by dragging and dropping would enable folders to be organized in a way that corresponds to the taxonomy/structure and functions of the archive.