Question

Metadata file will not loat

• 19 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I get a message saying the metadata file can’t be loaded because it is not in CSV format. Mine is saved as CSV in Microsoft. I used the template provided. What am I doing wrong?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello Marcia,

Following a recent update in the Starter system the metadata file you upload must have the same name as the downloaded template, i.e Dublin_Core-template.csv. If you change the template name to something else it will not be recognised. 

I hope this helps solve your problem. Let us know if it doesn't.

Thanks

Paul

Badge +3

I have renamed the Excel file as you directed and added it to the file. When I went to upload the file in Preservica, there was nothing in it. On my desktop, everything is inside. Now what?

Badge +3

Rewatched the video and found my mistake.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello Marcia,

Ok that’s good, thanks for letting me know.

Paul

Badge +3

More problems. I received a message that there was no data that matched the files I had named in the template. They listed the names with .jpg at the end, so in the spreadsheet I did the same thing to see if that would help.  It did not. I cancelled the ingest. Should I have continued? The first time I did that the assets uploaded but had no records when I opened them.

The first column did not have .jpg at the end originally.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello Marcia.

Looking at the screenshots it appears the reason the warning is displaying is that the files you are uploading are.pdf but you used the .jpg extension in the metadata file.

Thanks

Paul

Badge +3

It is working like a charm, now that I did things correctly! Thanks for your patience!🙂