Question

Exporting AIPS - XIP access

• 23 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’m trying out the starter edition, and I can see some preservation/technical metadata in the main GUI. Does any edition of Preservica have an ‘AIP Export’ option, or perhaps just exporting this technical/preservation metadata in some form? I’ve seen bits and pieces in the community hub about XIP and XSL transforms to METS and PREMIS, but this doesn’t seem to be available to starer edition users?

I’m mostly interested in seeing what kinds of information is exportable from Preservica.

Best,

Kieran O’Leary

National Library of Ireland

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Kieran

Yes, the other editions, other than Starter, offer a few export workflows. In general you can:

• export content only, metadata only, or both
  • choose to have event history included in the export, in addition to (technical) properties and descriptive metadata
  • choose which generations you want included
  • choose to include parent hierarchy
  • run export workflows on single or multiple assets / folders 
Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, I have just spotted this thread and am interested if anyone has followed a process of converting a Preservica export package to METS?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, I have just spotted this thread and am interested if anyone has followed a process of converting a Preservica export package to METS?

We have only used the Export DU with metadata transformation in Pv5 to transform to METS  - for (superficial) testing purposes only. This functionality has been removed from Pv6. We don’t have a need for it atm so not too fussed about it.

Badge

Hi can someone point me in the direction on how to export the metadata for a folder for all the content. I’m wanting to use the metadata for a folder containing 20+ assets in another application.

I’m using Essentials and a lost in what to do and if its achievable

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Are you after a table of metadata or the actual xml for each piece of metadata,

Wendy

Badge

Hi

Are you after a table of metadata or the actual xml for each piece of metadata,

Wendy

Hi Wendy a xml 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Ian

Libor’s comment from a year ago is still valid, what you want is possible but not in the Starter which I believe is what you are using.

Do correct me if I am wrong,

Wendy