Skip to main content

I’m attempting to upload a folder with a metadata csv file. When I add the folder, the process works until the last step. So, it uploads the files, recognizes the metadata csv and indicates “action required”, I select comma delimited, click the “complete ingest” button, and but it just takes me back to the “action required” step. I click again and it does the same thing. There are no error messages.

Could it be that your file is too large? I have had that problem when I have too many items that exceed whatever the limit is for ingesting items.

Thanks Joan. It’s actually a small folder I made for testing, and it uploads without metadata fine. Experimenting some more, I’ve found it works if I ingest to a pre-existing folder, but that creates nested folders I don’t necessarily want, and the guide and video don’t indicate this is necessary. Is it just an issue with the documentation?

Hmmm. Don’t know. I’d ask Steve Crawford, the Preservica tech guru about that. There must be a little glitch somewhere, but I have no idea why/what. I do know that I had a lot of problems at first figuring out exactly how to do every step exactly correctly before I had a successful ingest. Once I had it down, things went smoothly.

Hi everybody, this is a bug that we are actively looking at. But if you encounter this problem then just check whether you are trying to upload into your top level/root folder. If that is the case then just try the upload into a sub-folder and then move the content to your preferred location once the upload is complete.