Question

How do we make large collections available on Universal Access.

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello everyone,

My name is Tanya and I am one of the archivist with the Louisiana State Archives. We are new to Preservica and we have a few questions concerning our collections on Universal Access. They are as follows:

1. What is the best way to organize large collections? Is it better to break it down into smaller genres such as calendar year?
  2. How do we apply metadata to ingested PST files?
  3. How do we conduct/fulfill eDiscovery or research requests? Do we use the metadata/search index to locate responsive records, mark them for migration from Glacier storage, perform and Update Storage Workflow, download the original files one at a time, convert each to PDF, redact the PDF if necessary and then combine all the PDFs into one?

We are consulting user guides, administration guides, support, training, and the community. Thank you in advance.

All the best,

Tanya Anderson

1 reply

Userlevel 4

On your point 3 I would recommend that anything you want to publish, you create a migration policy that gives them an access representation, and a storage policy that puts that on fast storage (S3 if you’re on Amazon cloud).